Collection of Information by ACfloodcontrol.org
To improve the content and usability of this website, the District automatically collects several categories of information from users. This information includes the following:
- The apparent Internet Protocol (IP) address of your Internet service provider (ISP) and/or your computer, if your computer has an IP address assigned directly to it
- The apparent fully qualified domain name of your ISP and/or your computer, if your computer has a domain name assigned directly to it
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) used and the operating system resident on a user’s computer
- The date and time a user visited the site
- The web pages accessed at the site
- The uniform resource locator of the site that a user visited prior to ACfloodcontrol.org (if detectable)
The District uses this information to identify site performance needs to ensure compatibility with the technology used by its visitors, and to improve services offered on ACfloodcontrol.org. In order to accomplish those goals, the District may conduct statistical analysis of the data collected.
The District does not collect data for commercial or marketing purposes and does not sell, exchange, or distribute the data for commercial or marketing purposes. The District does not rent or sell personally identifiable information (i.e., information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail).
The District does not disclose credit card or other personally identifiable financial information other than as necessary to complete a credit card or other financial transaction.
All applications that collect personal information such as credit card, Social Security number, and birth date are set up to run under Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) so that all information is encrypted. Personal information that is collected in online forms is stored in a database as encrypted information.