Welcome to the new Alameda County Flood Control & Water Conservation District website!
We are proud to present an overview of our organization, highlights of our important work to protect Alameda County from flooding, and examples of our efforts to maintain and enhance natural waterways in the region. As you will see, we work hard to live up to the motto “To Serve and Preserve Our Community.”
You may want to start navigating this site by referring to our map to locate your particular flood control zone, and then clicking on that zone for more information.
You are also welcome to learn about
- more than 55 years of our history and departments,
- finances and current capital improvement projects,
- floodplain management,
- important flood control projects and environmental restoration projects,
- our Clean Water Program and Water Conservation Program,
- hydrology and hydraulics,
- answers to frequently asked questions, and
- helpful resources.
And, please explore What You Can Do for a variety of offerings, including scenic adventures, pollution prevention tips, field trips for teachers and students, volunteering opportunities, and how to do business with us.
If you cannot find answers to your specific questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Daniel Woldesenbet, PhD, PE
General Manager of the Alameda County Flood Control & Water Conservation District and Director of the Alameda County Public Works Agency