The Alameda County Watershed Confluence is a county-wide conference designed to provide a forum for local groups, community members and representatives from the public and private sectors interested in creek and watershed health to meet, network, share innovative ideas and inspire new partnerships in watershed management in Alameda County.
To register for this event please visit our Eventbrite page.
No day-of registrations.
Registration fee: $20.00
Registration includes conference attendance, lunch, and admission plus one drink ticket for the networking event following the conference.
If you need financial assistance with the registration fee, please click here.
Event Date & Time
October 17, 2018
Doors open at 8:00 a.m. for registration (coffee and tea provided during this time)
Program from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Networking Event from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Preparing for the Storm: Riparian Restoration, Sediment Reuse, and Urban Greening to Enhance Stream and Watershed Resilience (Zone 7 Water Agency)
- Infiltrating the Conversation: Changing Green Infrastructure Policy and Practices in Oakland (City of Oakland)
- Citizen Science from the Classroom to the Community: Monitoring the Fate of Government Projects (Friends of Sausal Creek)
- Gaining Momentum for Alameda Creek Restoration (Alameda Creek Alliance)
- Homeless Debris Management Along Creeks (City of Fremont)
- Plant Pathogens Taking Root: Reframing Stewardship and Habitat Restoration Practices When Confronted with Phytophthora Introductions (San Francisco Public Utilities Commission)
- San Leandro Creek Design and Construction; Towards a Confluence of Good Will (David R. Brower, Ronald V. Dellums Institute for Sustainable Policy Studies and Action)
- Managing Watershed Lands for Resilience in the Sunol Regional Wilderness (AECOM & Partners)
- Public/Non-profit Partnerships: Getting Work Done in the Age of Declining Budgets (Friends of Sausal Creek, City of Oakland)
- Alameda County Historical Ecology: A Journey Through the East Bay (SFEI)
- Geology of Alameda County Watersheds (Fugro USA Land, Inc.)
- Community Group Flash Presentations
Download the full agenda.
The period for award nomination submissions has closed. Award recipients will be announced at the Alameda County Watershed Confluence.
Watershed Confluence Coordinator
Thank you to our host agency, the Alameda County Flood Control and Water Conservation District.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Watershed Level Sponsors
River Level Sponsors
Creek Level Sponsors